The main goal of the Russian Steel is representation of interests of Russian iron and steel producers.
Main Objectives of the Russian Steel Аssociation:
- promotion of steel use,
- promotion of structural reforms,
- elaboration of shared guidelines for industrial policy,
- arrangement of partnership in cooperation of business with the state,
- active participation in national reforms.
- Cooperation with federal, municipal and public organisations to build better functional environment for both Аssociation Members and the whole metals and mining sector in Russia,
- Fundamental and applied research and development,
- Participation in examination of draft laws, documents, programs and solutions in Members’ scope of activities,
- Representation and protection of rights and legitimate interests of the Аssociation and its Members,
- Participation in Worldsteel regional study “Russia 2020” (a complex of initiatives about monitoring and forecasting of trends and developments in the Russian steel consumption),
- Participation in the Russian governmental programme on raising energy use effectiveness in the Russian industrial sector.